Nigeria Alifa Ojonugwa Nicholas, is a God fearing, vibrant, goal oriented young man with a deep passion for development of African food and agriculture. He holds B.Sc. (Hons) Food Science and Technology degree from Kogi State University. He is presently a youth corps member serving in Jos, Plateau state, as the immediate past national Bible study Secretary of NCCF.
In 2012, while still an undergraduate he founded ‘Afrifood Initiative’, an initiative that is taking pragmatic approach to develop, improve and promote African indigenous food products via grass root agro awareness in rural areas. In the course of the project, he discovered a wide gap between the major players in African food and agriculture that birthed ajaoko.com.
Ajaoko.com is an online platform that handles the holistic activities of Africa food and agriculture with the aim expanding and creating a standard market for African food and agriculture. This idea that was named as one of the Nigerian top 10 most innovative idea of the year (2016) by MTN entrepreneurship challenge powered by Jumia
The idea also won Presidential Aso Villa Demo Day where over 4000 innovations contested and the best 30 were selected to pitch to Mr President.
He graduated in 2015 with a First Class (Hons.) division and as the overall best graduating student in the faculty of Agriculture and second best graduating student in Kogi State University.
He has won several awards some of which includes;
- Igala Education Foundation academic excellence award for first class students, December 2015
- Prof. Francis Idachaba excellence award for best graduating student in the faculty of agriculture Kogi State University, October 2015
- Usman Utaaz’s excellence award for best academic student in the faculty of agriculture, Kogi State University, October 2015
- Kogi State University Alumni Association for best graduating student in the faculty of Agriculture, October 2015
- Kogi State University academic excellence award for best graduating in the department of Food Nutrition and Home Sciences
- Nigeria Association of Agriculture Students KSU Chapter’s award for best academic student from first year to final year.
- Nigeria Association of Food Science and Technology Students KSU Chapter’s award for best academic student from first year to final year.
While in the university, he was also actively involved in student associations especially the Fellowship of Christian students (FCS), where he served as a two term president and, Area coordinator and National Secretary. He also served as president of Nigeria Association of Food Science and Technology Students (NAFSTS), Electoral committee chairman of Nigerian association of Agriculture Student (NASS) and Information and communication director of International Association of Agriculture Student (IAAS)
He is a member of Nigeria institute of Food science and Technology (NIFSTS) and American Nutrition association (ANA).
At his leisure time he likes reading, watching good Christian movies and surfing nets